PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If the RAF ran a school..
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 11:37
Ken Scott

Received 146 Likes on 28 Posts
Service style discipline? You said you were in the RAF?
Actually, yes. I like the RAF style where I tell (or even ask) someone to do something & it gets done. I don't have to shout at him or wash his face with my spittle, abuse him or get him to run around the parade square with his rifle over his head because he didn't jump to it, as fast as I wanted.

The RAF is a place for intelligent grown ups, there are plenty of non-officer graduates, which is probably rather rare in the pongo ranks (I don't particularly like that term but it's a counter to all the crab stuff). I have a relation in the army, in his regiment all the officers are floppy haired English public school boys whilst all the men are boyos from the Welsh valleys. Whilst it works in its own way I wouldn't wish to be a part of such a 19th Century organization.

There are plenty of problems with today's RAF, as there are with all three of HM's forces, but all the 'crab bashing' on this thread (and many other threads), in the name of 'banter' eventually makes me just a little cross. What was a fun post to start with just degenerates into stone throwing by people who reside mostly in homes constructed from glass.