PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 09:17
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMA-FRA & Ryanair

Facelookbovvered

There has to be some loss and probably more than likely at the business end but at least with flybe gone from BHX-FRA, LH have the route to themselves.

The only strange point is that LH stated that the days of the 50 seater were over and Eurowings and Cityline are in the process and getting rid of their
CRJ's. I trust they meant for point to point traffic and not feeding a hub. Although that is even changing in the US to some degree.

I am more interested to know where the 145 is coming from for the EMA service but I guess time will tell.

Ryanair

The Monday to Thursday evening Dublin and Thursday afternoon service
have changed to Dublin based aircraft. This only needed to happen on Thursday to accommodate the Malta and I assume the other changes are operational and to do with crewing, as I am told not to expect new services.

The FR set-up at BHX seems very straightforward now with the four based in summer, three in winter operating core sun and Polish routes with the occasional new route (such as MPL now BIQ previously) which will operate with discount fees for a year or two (sliding scale) and is then replaced by another similar route plus with as little as possible overlap with EMA.

Note BHX only has a few less services per week in winter despite the massive gulf in summer. That speaks volumes.

Pete