PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming 4 Day Flyaway
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 00:31
AvoCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upcoming 4 Day Flyaway

Decided to finally make an account to put forward a few questions to PPRune. As part of my CPL training a met and myself have decided to go on a small flyaway for a couple of days to start using up some of our command time and was hoping that the members on this forum could put forward a few tips and pointers on the route we intend to take.
Day 1 - 17/09/2011
Depart from Moorabbin YMMB to Albury YMAY via Sugarloaf Reservoir SGSV and Mansfield YMFD. WE plan to refuel in Albury then to Bankstown YSBK via Goulburn YGLB and Camdem YSCN with our inbound point to YSBK being the TWRN vfr waypoint. Is this a correct procedure for our arrival into YSBK or are other routes preferable. What features should we be looking out for to ensure we are clear of the restricted zones in the area.

Day 2 - 18/09/2011
On our second day of flying we would like to do a bit of flying around the Sydney area, up the coast or possibly around the harbour and the bridge? How hard is it to get clearance to do so and best way to go about doing this? I assume it will be difficult with the relative close proximity of YSSY.

Day 3 - 19/09/2011
Depart YSBK for Broken Hill YBHI tracking via Katoomab - Bathurst YBTH - Dubbo YSDU - Warren YWRN - Cobar YCBA. Refuel in Cobar if possible? Assume we will have to organise fuel prior to arrival. Cobar - Wilcannia YWCA - Broken Hill YBHI. Staying the night in Broken. We noticed that the airport is about 3nm from the town so we are wondering whats the best way to get into town from YBHI. Is there a bus that runs or we were hoping we may run into a local who might give us a lift.

Day 4 - 20/09/2011
Final Day.
Depart YBHI for Renamrk YREN then renmark onto Parafield YPPF to refuel. We plan to approach YPPF via truos flats then onto the vfr waypoint substation. Is this an appropriate approach point, too close to the military zone? We also need to figure out the best departure route out of YPPF to track via Horsham - Ballarat then back to YMMB.

Any pointers would be appreciated especially the YMAY to YSBK route as we pass over the ranges.