PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 18:12
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Epiphany, too funny!

TRC: I think that'll be a round on you for the pedantics - lol!

FBB: Its been a while, welcome back! Dear God it brings a tear to the eye to see the Dancer wearing her Essex scheme .. and which is how she looked when I first flew her. She was probably the first JetRanger in the UK to sport reflective 'chrome' tape and which, at the time, looked somewhat snazzy!

I have several photos of her (in both Essex and JPS colours) but, these images are back in Blighty and which I shall recover when I next visit.

Great work, well done!

As mentioned some time back, Essex Oil owner and Team Lotus sponsor David Thieme had a LongRanger on the French register using the same colours but with a different scheme. It would have been one of the first LongRangers in France (1979) and, if I remember rightly, the reflective tape was applied lengthwise along the fuselage in thin stripes. She sported an all white leather interior with white sheepskin rugs and was a sight (for a young lad) to behold!

A Swissman in Italy!

An AS332 C1 HB-ZKN Super Puma belonging to Eagle Helicopters on the Italian side of the Alps on 1st January 2007 (Photo: Marina Cozma)

A Swiss Super P (oops, TRC's about ... I mean Super Puma) ventures over to the Italian side of the Alps on New Year's Day 2007 to carry out lift work. In the full size version of this image it is not possible to see anyone occupying the co-drivers seat! Not required?