PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training Options (NZ)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 17:07
alexWCD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta T is roughly on the ball there. I wouldn't be as rash as to say 'get out of aviation', if this is somethign that you ablsolutely love and want to do for the rest of your life, take every opportunity you get. If you want to get into it because it would be cool to see the world at 37,000ft, go into a trade or something first and see what the world really has to offer. I doubt the latter would be you with 100 hours already.

As for the Air NZ FTO, they say the 'watch' you whilst training, don't expect an Air NZ rep to be there sitting in on your briefs and there for your tests. You just get ear tagged as someone who has been through a course that has some sort of air nz style around it. When you leave the FTO, you still have to enter the same world as everyone else who leaves the schools (GA, instructing etc), and you still have to put in a resumé.

The Tauranga aero club sounds like a good idea. However, todays weather is not going to be the exact same as tomorrows. The chance of that deal staying in place are very slim. On the flip side of that, Tauranga have been churning out some good instructors, and if you get tired of the aero club I don't think you'd ever find it hard to move somewhere else.

Also, from my point of view, I would say if you can get your MEIR as soon as you can. The more boxes you can tick in your potential employers tick list the better. Have you looked at Bay Flight? You would be able to get the student loan (even though there isn't really one anymore) through them and still be able to keep in touch with Sunair?

Just my ramble