PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice to Wannabees about paying up front -Stickie
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 10:47
The500man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SGC,

It seems many threads descend into the toxicity of the paying up-front debate, so I can see why it could be benefitial to have a sticky for wannabee-PPLs. The most sensible thing would be to avoid excessive detail and just make the sticky informative so that the issue is raised and the wannabee can go away and do their own research or analysis on their chosen flying school. I don't think there should be a sticky with horror stories or reasons why flying schools are all cowboys for offering discounts or advice on how to research company accounts.

If you are going to include advice on how to protect monies paid to a flying school up-front, then you really need to research it thoroughly and make damn sure your advice is correct.

If you are just planning on making a sticky that says don't pay up-front, don't bother. There are plenty of posters on pprune that only come here to post "don't pay up-front" in big red letters at every opportunity!

P.S. I doubt the mods will give it a sticky when they didn't give this thread one!