PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 777 incident at Moscow
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 10:13
jumbo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matmax,
A loud bang can come from anywhere.... a bird strike on the windscreen etc etc etc. An unconfined engine failure implies the engine destroyed itself and ceased to work. In this case it continued to work as advertised all the way to destination. It was NOT an uncontained engine failure. There are many flights around the world where parts fall off the airplane and they continue to fly perfectly safely.
So get off your high horse. You were not there on the flight deck with the guys. They made an assessment based on information at the time, in communication with various departments at the company and elected to continue based on that information.
It's very easy making armchair decisions after the fact with all the information available. They didn't. They did the best they could at the time.
Let's all be grateful for a safe outcome and that nobody got hurt.
How about we wait for the actual findings of an investigation before pulling anyone apart.
And by the way, according to you, all the good engineers have left EK have they? I disagree. we have some damn fine, hard working, dedicated engineers who do the best they can under difficult, short-staffed circumstances. I find I work quite nicely with them all. I have a great respect for them and appreciate that they keep me safe. I'm sure a lot of my colleagues feel the same way.
Enjoy Etihad, from your attitude I don't think your departure was much of a loss. Maybe I'm wrong?????
Safe flying everyone
J