PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 00:12
aguadalte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iceman50:
Yes I am an A340/A330 Captain like you! If you want to call me a "pen pusher" because I try to know my A/C so be it. I would have expected the same professionalism from you.
Well, if you knew your aircraft, you would know that when spoilers are blocked (and de-activated) you have no way to see them moving on the flight controls check. (You will have amber crosses in step of spoiler numbers nor will have the movement arrows...)
Further, next time you go to your flight sim session ask your TRI/TRE to offer you a take-off on the said conditions (if he can duplicate it, because second to AI this is something that was not supposed to happen...) and pay attention to the attitude of the aircraft while you clean up. I just came today from EWR and took-off with "only" 218Tons and during flap retraction it was easy to see a >10º up ATT while crossing the 200kt automatic flap retraction. Now imagine your aircraft doing it with the increased drag of an open spoiler plus FBW compensation on opposite wing.
All I can say is that it was a combination of factors during slat/flap retraction, and I have learned from that. Because of your disbelieve, I have located my CR and ASR of that flight and I have nothing to change to my first post.
icemen50, we're drifting out of this thread, and I really don't think we're going anywhere. You may believe what I said, or not. I really don't care...it want make it change what happened...