PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestige Jet- All Merged Threads
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 19:55
KangarooFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thank you, Pinkus. It's easy to be tough from far away; the further you are from the situation and the negotiating table, the easier it is to be "tough".

The bottom line to the above posts is that these people think that we should cease attempting to make a living and career here, in order that they and other companies can have an easier time in the marketplace.

Like Prestige Jet has anything to do with the demise of Al Jaber? Al Jaber spent two years and millions of dollars on "branding" and advertising and who knows how much on ordering aircraft for which they had no plan, no customers and no use. Or XO Jet, which had a team in Abu Dhabi for two years and did not even apply for an AOC.

Price wars are typical business strategy in most any business, when an interloper enters a new market. If these other aspirants did not consider that there would be a competition for business, that incumbent operators would fight to protect their turf, their customers and their existing business and/or the newcomers did not have customers lined up and adequate financial backing when entering the business, that is on them, not on Prestige Jet and its employees.

By the way, a number of employees left Prestige Jet to go to Al Jaber and then returned to Prestige Jet - what does that tell you? Not necessarily anything positive about Prestige Jet, but certainly nothing good about Al Jaber or the market conditions here.

Did it ever occur to you that none of you have any chance to get paid anything you are owed - court order or not - if the company goes out of business?

I appreciate advice, counsel and support in the current difficult situation, but name-calling and encouragement to do anything which would adversely affect my own situation - of which the commenters know nothing - and my chances of (a) recovering my money and (b) finding suitable employment in a place which is amenable to my family, are disappointing. Especially cheap potshots coming from abroad.