PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article: NTSB: Emirates 777 continued flight after loud bang, messages
Old 1st Sep 2011, 18:15
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Snoop

Pray tell me then, what EICAS messages do you get on this airplane between 80kts and 400 ft AGL...??!!
In response to King On A Wing.

The inhibit system means most master cautions are inhibited between 80kts and 400ft. But AFTER 400ft, any conditions that remain detected are then annunciated. I'm no sure what you are getting at. Are you saying that because a non-normal occurred before 400ft, it would not have been annunciated?

Not so-the annunciation would just have been delayed until the end of the inhibit period for that condition. If you are a 777 pilot and not aware of that, may I suggest some remedial study....

Grizzled-my appologies. My colleagues are being unfairly slammed here by some pretty ignorant comments, I accept yours was not one of them.

Bigmouth,
If the flight had been in the opposite direction, from Dubai to Moscow, would they still have continued?
Would you?
Having assessed that the aircraft was safe to continue it would have been a commercial decision from the company.

I've had a similar occurrence. A Black Cockatoo once went through my By-pass duct and took a chunk of the lining with it. Ok. That's happened. The engine is stable, no change in parameters, no thought of a shutdown,what exactly is the jeopardy in continuing?

Last edited by Wizofoz; 1st Sep 2011 at 19:05.