PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wikileaks releases unredacted USA State Dept files....
Old 1st Sep 2011, 16:26
500N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shack

"Please don't confuse the embarrassment of governments/politicians with the release of documents which do not compromise the security of our frontline troops."

I don't confuse the issues. He may not have named names but just like intelligence Services, the enemy will be able to put 2 and 2 together and work out what is what and who is who. It also gives more info to the enemy on the Intelligence picture and how it occurs - all potential ammunition for them to use in the future to make it harder to get this info which in turn means it may
"compromise the security of our front line troops'. Anyone is capable of seeing a pattern and using it to their own advantage.

And now the latest release of documents with names still in the cables,
well, ................... Supposedly, the password was included in a book about Wikileaks but the password was useless without the file containing the cables. And then someone found the file. So the password by itself was useless but someone put 2 and 2 together.

I'll agree with Roadster. "Between the pair of them, Manning and Assange are despicable ****s."