PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 14:24
Gigaboomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superfrozo, I'm sorry if this topic makes you uncomfortable, and clearly it does, but the actual facts don't support you I'm afraid. To answer you points:

1. Gravity and relativity can be observed and tested in the present, they are what is called operational science. No creationist has a problem with this 'real' science. Evolution is an interpretation of things that happened in the unobservable past so is not 'real' science in this sense. To compare evolution with gravity is simply not valid.

2. You can mock creationists all you like but at the end of the day mutations don't make any new information. If you are so sure I'm wrong then please explain, making an assertion by mocking creationists hardly proves your point. What you don't understand is that the DNA in living things is a language and you can't just scramble some letters, or copy extra bits of the same letters and create a completely new message both a sender and receiver can understand. I don't claim to be an expert, in fact this branch of science is only just beginning, but it is becoming apparent there is designed variability built into genomes so it will be interesting to see where this leads.

3. Sorry for your lecture notes but the second laws of thermodynamics is indeed not friendly to Darwinism. Having a source of energy in an open system does no good unless the organism can use that energy. Stand in the sun all day and see what undirected energy does for your biological system. You don't seem to actually have a logical answer to my point on natural selection so I guess I'll leave that one.

4. How exactly is the big bang falsifiable, or better yet, the idea that matter and energy just made themselves out of nothing for the big bang to happen falsifiable?

5. As far as morality goes I never said an atheist could not be good person. It's just that, based on your worldview, you have no logical reason to be. You say yourself there is no purpose to life so why don't people, and many do, just do 'what is right in their own eyes'? In your scenario, when I wake up with no God all I would see is no ultimate accountability.

With respect Superfrozo throwing around insults is probably not the best way to attempt to refute what I posted. The majority of humanist scientists believing in a particular theory does not make it right. There are many creationist scientists (which any intelligent and reasonable person could discover with a quick google search), educated in the same secular institutions as your 'thousands of people' who would disagree. Ultimately this is about one's worldview, and the average atheist is desperate to justify his rejection of a creator to whom he is accountable so unless you come back with something worth debating I think I will leave it here.

Sorry everyone else for the thread drift, yes the pollution is horrible again.