PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 12:41
superfrozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More uninformed anti-evolution drivel (why aren't religious nutters ever "anti-relativity" or "anti-gravity"?!?).

Your nonsensical "biological information (a mysterious concept stunningly undefined by any creationist) doesn't increase as a result of mutation" argument is straight out of the Discovery Institute's "Guide To Takin' Down them Darn Evil-utionists YEE-HAW!" pamphlet.

As for your "conserving force" description of evolution, if you bring out the "it violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics!" argument I'm going to vomit on my Feynman's Lecture Notes. It's time to move on - accept we're not in the 14th century anymore and that tens of thousands of people, all of whom who are several orders of magnitude smarter than you and working in multiple scientific disciplines have produced a robust, mutually-buttressed, acutely verifiable and elegant theory that has been described the "single greatest thought in science".

If you can disprove evolution, or better still, you have a superior alternative theory (that is falsifiable - i.e. Not your "fairies did it!" one) then you can pickup your Nobel prize tomorrow.

Now, claim your fairy stories to your heart's content, because as Iron Skillet alluded to: nature (aka reality) cares not for your irrelevant world view, it just "gets on with it". If your entire basis of morality hinges on the need for a stern father figure threateningly overseeing your every move, then god help us all, pun intended.

Why can't you be good without being watched?!? It's really easy if you try - run this 'Gedankenexperiment' : close your eyes and imagine a discovery is made that conclusively proves there can be no supernatural entities, ergo, god disappears in a puff of ontological smoke. Now open your eyes, and review the world around you with this "new knowledge". How has YOUR morality changed with this new knowledge...?

(or to put it another way - The best teacher I ever knew once asked my class why we thought people once believed the sun went around the Earth, to which the first answer was: "because that's how it looks". "Hmmm", came his reply, "so, how would it look if the Earth went around the sun??")

Back on topic: it's polluted out there.