PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Sub Imprests
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 09:50
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reminds me of first day back at work after Christmas/NY at a fighter station just south of the Humber. Me OC Accounts - OC Admin strolls into office waving signal - "Better sort that out first - oh, by the way, Happy New Year!" Signal is from Air Attache in Oslo - who has issued imprest in kronor in 5 figures to a Fg Off H..., whose Frightening had gone sick in Norway and took about 5 T5 loads of spares and engineers to fix. When asked where the "change" was, said officer retorted "in my bureau at home". But being a good egg he nipped home to get it. Then found out that he and a couple of colleagues, being down town in a hotel with only rubber suits had bought minimum civilian clothing in a store -someone wanted to get the clothing back off them, but I persuaded the staish to write it off - they are probably still gardening in it. Cannot believe it - that is 30 years ago - probably not still gardening in it. However, the Air Attache got his money and paperwork back and we went back to a practice Part 1 every few days!