PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FABs, ACCs, future ATCO prerequisites/treatment
Old 1st Sep 2011, 08:24
Kiwitraveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AeroPolitics

ATC Watcher

I can only guess at timing for Maaastricht changes. My view though is that you will certainly see a new organisation - a holding company - set up to own and manage Maastricht next year. I think the wheels are already in motion.

This will include (I believe) changing the employer for the staff at Maastricht to the holding company. Key is getting them out of Eurocontrol, which will continue to shrink for the forseeable future. Thats the easy part and should be a good thing for the Maastricht staff. Then the question is how to transfer ownership and governance of the new holding company to the new owners... DFS, LVNL or some other kind of FABEC Joint venture or operating entity. This is far from decided.

As to the point of all these posts, the FABs. FABEC has an ops meeting in Brussells next week to try and work out how to optimize the airspace and operating structures. If previous FABEC meetings are a guide, don't expect much outcome.

But the EU will be looking for progress that it can shout from the rooftops at the end of this year, so the pressure is on.

By the way BlueMed is quite an intersting FAB too, brings in some Mid East ATC providers. Take a look: Blue Med - Home Page

Katie