PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 07:16
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Santa is quoting does seem to make some sense, if humans really looked carefully and rationally at the possible long term effects of living in Hong Kong, or say, smoking, would any rational thinking person actually do it ?

Put it another way :

Here is a gun with 4700 chambers and only one bullet in it, I will point it at your, or your childs head, and pull the trigger. In return I will pay you a modest wage over the next 10 years.
Sound like a good deal ?

Notes: 1 in 4700 people will die from pollution this year. Modest wage ? well I don't see too many pilots in Hk living in a 20 room mansion with 2 brand new Mercs parked out the front, so yes, modest.

If human behavior is nothing more than the result of random movements of electrons in our brains then we can't be held responsible for anything, in fact we may as well throw out the whole criminal justice system as to hold anyone responsible for anything would be grossly unfair. This is the absurd place that this kind of thinking takes us. It never ceases to amaze me that the same people who claim this kind of evolutionary explanation are the very same people who jump up and down about injustice in the world! For goodness sake you can't have it both ways, we are either evolved and no one is truly responsible for their behavior or there is some other explanation that makes sense of morality and justice
Great description of Gen Y, no care and no responsibility.