PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar legal action update
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 03:48
Keith Myath

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Aussie herb

Hi Waren . Ask you jetstar pilot reps about DEC's . They are negotiating them right now with your company . With the support of the AFAP . I would love to be told how wrong I am .

YOU ARE WRONG. DEC’s are a JPC matter and the JPC have killed it. If you talk to the 4 pilots who are negotiating with the company you would know that there is no talk of Tiger DEC’s in their meetings. These meetings have been about the flexi line employment and getting the cadets employed under the EBA. The reps are doing a bloody good job. Have a look at what they have achieved:

The flexi line deal gives a pilot a 3.6% pay rise over an existing full time pilot doing 75hrs per month or more.

The flexi line pilot only has to work 15 days per month.

The flexi line pilot gets 6 weeks annual leave paid at the full time rate.

The flexi line pilot gets a guaranteed 7 consecutive days off per month out of their 15 or 16 total days off.

The Jetstar pilots have right of veto to any changes to the flexi line policy.

The cadets don’t pay a cent back for their training.

The cadets get offered permanent employment in Australia under the EBA.

The cadets don’t have to qualify for an ATPL to get a pay rise to FO wages – under the EBA they could have been stuck on JFO rates for years while they got command time and all the requirements for an ATPL.

The cadets bond has been slashed from 6 years $84,000 to 3 years $36,000.

Again, talk to the pilot reps.

Jetstar have capitulated. They have gone running with their tails between their legs after the AFAP gave them a massive kick; the pilots have won. The Jetstar Group contract is DEAD. All recruitment is under the EBA. The federal court action was a masterstroke by the AFAP and is the sole reason that the pilot reps have been so successful. 4 months ago the Jetstar pilots were looking down the barrel of no more recruitment under the EBA – they would have been smashed come EBA negotiation time. Instead they have a decent part time policy and all pilots are to be employed under the EBA. They live to fight another day.

4 months ago Jetstar tried one of the biggest stunts to undermine the Jetstar pilots employment conditions. This could have spread industry wide and undermined all pilots employment conditions if Jetstar were successful. The AFAP put a stop to that in no uncertain terms – they went to a gun fight with a canon.

On the other hand you have the Chihuahua called AIPA. They have done absolutely nothing to try to stop the Jetstar Group Contract. All AIPA have done is bark up the wrong tree and criticise the AFAP’s strategy. They unilaterally dismissed the Jetstar subcommittee chairman (against the Jetstar pilots wishes) for sharing information with the AFAP pilots reps. The only reason the AIPA reps are in the room is because of the AFAP’s court case. Where is AIPAs’ industrial savvy and legal might when the Jetstar pilots were facing the biggest threat to their ongoing employment conditions? When are the Jetstar pilots going to hold AIPA to account for the moronic handling of Jetstar issues? When are AIPA going to actually win a court case on behalf of the Jetstar pilots?

I know who I would want on my side when Jetstar inevitably come at the pilots again bearing gifts of pineapples and cacti.