PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Java Script Problem/Error/ Help
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2002, 18:27
Tinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Java Script Problem/Error/ Help

Hi all,

I've just set up an internet connection on the neighbours old steam driven 486, (win95/Netscape 4.0) sucsessfuly but...... on certain pages I get an error thrown up by Netscape. An example of which being

http://www.microsoft.com
line 88:
this . style has no properties

The pc hasn't been used since nineteen hundred and frozen to death and therefore no software has been updated for several years.
I had a quick try at updating Netscape but the download time looked like it would be around the 2 1/2 hr mark and as I was unsure this would solve the problem I was reluctant to tie up his phone line for that period of time and rack up his phone bill (albeit at 1p per min).

Has anyone got a solution? If it is a case of downloading the latest version of netscape then thats what we will do, although it would be preferable to find a CD with the latest version if that's possible ??

It looks like internet explorer has been uninstalled but we are willing to try that route if it is easier/quicker. The ultimate aim is to set up the pc so that it can provide trouble free (even if that means slow) surfing.

Thanks in advance for your advice

T