PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The EK Screwtape Letters
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 21:05
Abbey Road

Received 24 Likes on 4 Posts
From Pixy's post I get the impression that it is the top 30% of Captains who uplift more than flight plan fuel, rather than an actual fuel amount. An arbitrary cutoff of the top 30% on the list. Perhaps Pixy, or one of the other letter recipients can confirm that?

Overall, Pixy's posts are remarkably well formed and observant of company behaviour. I have really enjoyed reading them! I don't work for EK, but I do work for a 'favourite headline', which exhibits some remarkably similar behaviour to EK. My favourite quotes amongst Pixy's erudite words:

I make a valiant effort to separate that which I am required to know from the endless stream of self congratulatory, irrelevant or disinteresting digital garbage that arrives in my company email every day. I'm sure no one actually believes that any human could keep up with it all. It is all part of the lamentable culture of evading accountability by telling everyone everything in preparation to avoid blame in any eventuality.
Shareholders bang the table for bigger and bigger profits. Stakeholders are usually the ones who have to make the sacrifices to ensure this happens with managers in between facilitating this process by being disproportionately rewarded for this task.
Spot on, Pixy!