PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article about lack of hand flying skills - FAA concerned
Old 31st Aug 2011, 18:57
Gretchenfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you safety for so prominently confirming my points

The reason you are called cave men is quite simple and your own fault.
Didn't I said so: it's always the pilots fault, isn't it? QED.

NW 6231 and Buffalo both stalled. They had tactile feedback and stall warnings yet both sets of crew pulled back on the stick when they should have pushed.
Please read carefully before you post. This mishap was created by the first mentioned effect: Irrational cost cutting, cheaper training, over reliance on automatics and their protections. Nobody here was connecting this with feedback, only you now. So combining the two is a self serving distortion (I mentioned that on another thread .....)

Interestingly this happened too with AF447. You need to have an IQ of about 17 to realise that feedback will make no difference. The problem lies elsewhere.
Well, with an IQ of 18 you would by now have realised that many professionals (I guess you do not belong to the airborne ones) do in fact think that there would have been a difference. Just who do you think is slightly better entitled to have an opinion? I do not pretend to be right, it's my opinion I throw in and always begin with "I think", but you definitely and exclusively pretend that feedback makes no difference. That's arrogant.

You undermine your own profession by creating 000,s of posts criticising airbus design philosophy in some mistaken crusade to shift blame for poor flying skills.
If you throw a stone into a herd of sheep, the one will yell that's hit. -> In my post I never singled out Airbus! I talked about modern aircraft. But you yourself sort of identified the one more prone to it .... Määääääähhhhh