PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SERCO Baghdad
Thread: SERCO Baghdad
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 18:36
SnakeKiru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on Serco Baghdad

The Acomodation is perfect. Good food, clean rooms, Base is between the 2 runways a little closer to the military one ( the shorter one) Security is excelent. All rooms (90) have AC, Microwave, satelite tv,one big bed. They have a big Gym fitted well, laundry twice a week, a tv room, and a big dinning room. 2 months ago they started to built a pool and a basketball court. Not finished yet. The base is owned by ...AL BURHAN GROUP. I came back home one month ago. Not worth the mony. Too RISKY! The radar dropped twice in a week . Frequencies... a joke. Procedures...some... If u look in Iraqs AIP u will see 5 NM all around. WRONG. It`s 20 NM.
The fact that made me return home were the working conditions. The ACC and APP are in the same room. They have 2 ACC sectors and 2 APP sectors in that room and another APP in another room. You will freze to death while on radar because they keep 3 AC units each of 18000BTU on full. After 2 hours your feet are numb. The program should have been...2 day shifts,2 Evening,2 Mids,1 Sleep day,3 days off. It`s not. Only 1 day off. I worked 10 weeks and 2 weeks off.

Almost 70% of the controllers are American. The other 30% ...Islanders, New Zeelanders,Australians, South Africans, Spanish, British, Romanian, Macedonian,Panama.

Most of them if not all are retired. This is not a permanent job. 4 maby 6 months. After that..u r done.