PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving up to the hold point
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 14:20
missy

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
A polite request to Sydney domestic drivers to please when holding short of 16R to please all the way up to the stop line so as to not block or infringe txy B.

All airlines are guilty but I have to say virgin 737 / Jetstar a320 drivers are usually the ones stopping far enough back from the line such that your tail is hanging out over taxiway B. I guess because the most critical taxiway intersections are the ones (f, b3,b4 etc) those operators mainly use.At night it is quite unnerving trying to guesstimate if your infringing bravo or not when I'm taxing north on bravo.

Don't be shy! Move up to the line please!
My experience is that a B737-700's, E170/190's fits okay, B737-800's, A320/321's not so well. B4 seems worst, perhaps because of the adjacent B5 exit.

B767's asking 121.7 to ask the aircraft at TWY B4, B3 and F to move up to the holding point is very time consuming as 121.7 has to identify the aircraft then ask TWR (120.5) to ask the aircraft to move up and sometimes this is coincident with an aircraft using the runway for arrival or departure and quite rightly, TWR doesn't ask for this manoeuvre when the runway traffic is passing in front (or about to pass in front).

Much easier if the departure goes right up to the holding point in the first place or 121.7 simply doesn't use B4, B3 if there will be a B767 inbound prior to the departure (hard to do when the departure will be #5 for departure), or B737-800's, A320/321's are sent up to the full length (B1 & B2).

Question to SACL, would be removal of TWY B5 translate to the B4 holding point moving closer to RWY 16R?