PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/FAA Logbook
Thread: JAA/FAA Logbook
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 13:14
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by proudprivate
1 Main Logbook (in his case JAA), containing all the flights that he does / has done.

1 Electronic Master Logbook (Excel ?) for back up and calcs verification (how many hours in a tetrahedron; how many in pink underwear; etc...) and with worksheets parsed to any format (JAA, FAA, CASA, DGCA) needed

1 Secondary Logbook (in his case FAA), containing all the flights he has done as print outs, but signed by him and containing FAA specific endorsements where necessary.

I would advise against multiple log books that cover the same timeframe yet different "authority" flying. It quickly becomes a mess.

More or less what I do.

I have a Pooleys Commercial logbook which is my master-master

I have an Excel logbook, written by myself, which is my working / calculation master. I've learned that if a new requirements comes along - hours on pre-1960 taildraggers, or cross country hours beyond 50nm, I can generally extract what I need from my 1200hrs with half an hour's playing. Originally populating and setting it up mind you, was a very big job.

And when I need to provide a logbook for any particular reason (say a licence modification to the CAA), I create a printout from the Excel master and certify by hand the first and last pages. To date, that has always been accepted by everybody. And when that printout has served its useful function, everything gets transferred to the other two masters, and the printout gets shredded.

G