PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Choosing a school? UND?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 12:45
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to a mom and pop school and I was able to finish very quickly. Much more quickly than anybody I knew who went to Embry Riddle. If I wasn´t working full time, I could have finished from 0 hours to IR+CPL+ME+CFI+CFII in probably 5 months. Part of the reason is because this mom and pop school always had aircraft availability. I was able to book the aircraft 4 weeks in advance sometimes and even working full time, I was able to fly 30 hours some months. Try doing that at a ¨professional¨ school (well, you could probably do it at All ATPs).

I don´t know what kind of pace you can do at UND or the other school you mentioned. You should talk with some of the students and find out.

FWIW, I went to a big university but it didn´t have a flight department. But there were three local airports nearby and I was able to choose the school that was best for me. Plus, my university also had a flying club. But I can see that you are deadset on the university aviation degree thing, so knock yourself out. You´ll still enjoy it and probably get a lot out of it.