PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The EK Screwtape Letters
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 12:37
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my baby wrote me a letter...

Actually I got a fuel letter and a "you are too sick letter"...never worried much about the fuel letter - now I just take company fuel.. note on VR if the engineers over fuel it etc and when I ask the FOs how much they want .. after they go thru the machinations justifying extra I say sorry - I agree with you but hey , if we divert or need to call a pan of min fuel.. so be it..sounds stoopid and poor CRM but I know I wont run out of fuel - just wont be where we planned and told the pax we were going.... and the day after I get a flight that took so much extra fuel due fog ( that didnt happen!) I had to use the boards and descend early etc to get below MLW... go figure.. that was 500 kgs of wasted tactical decisions to save gas...
maybe a better metric on sickness might be hours flown per sick day or V/V? that way it would reflect work done for illness achieved? not much point having sick days if you dont go to work - like office guys etc...not that I envy them that ... manage what you measure but measure it correctly - AKA HEISENBERG UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE..

Pixy has some of the best posts I have ever read BTW.