PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Holmes and Erebus
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 10:31
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOW, if you wish to get into a debate about the most corrupted NZ politician, bring it on? non other than ROGER F*(KING DOUGLAS:
No major arguments there !! How about a different approach? How about naming for me a modern day (past 40 years) Politician who does not or did not lie, deceive or create a smoke screen environment to protect their own personal agenda?

Mr Tony Fitzgerald QC used the following terms to describe a particular Politician, however these words aptly describe today and yesteryear's leaders.He quotes;
“Access can now be purchased, patronage is dispensed, mates and supporters are appointed and retired politicians exploit their connections to obtain 'success fees' for deals between business and government".
“Neither side of politics is interested in these issues except for short-term political advantage as each enjoys or plots impatiently for its turn at the privileges and opportunities which accompany power."
“Politicians obey political instincts to obfuscate, spin, evade, deny, blame someone else, create a distraction to deflect attention from the real issue''.
Politicians = Bowel movements. (my quote).
I corrected ego maniacal for you
I don't recall asking for spelling corrections, but thank you. Perhaps that sort of 'eye for detail and accuracy' would have been handy prior to 28 November 1979?