PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/FAA Logbook
Thread: JAA/FAA Logbook
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 10:22
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new information requirements.
The thing is, you generally don't know in advance what sort of summary/cumulative information is required. IO was confonted by having to tally up XC flights of more than 50 nm, which he never anticipated. With the EASA Aerobatics rating coming in, some of us will be confronted with having to tally up our aerobatics time, which we never anticipated. Who knows, in a few years time there may be a requirement to tally up the flight time we have in complex, tailwheel, or for that matter, purple aircraft? Are you going to go back through dozens (or 100s for some of us) of pages of logbook, adding and filling a "purple" column then?

I find it easiest just to record the basics of each flight, such as date/time, callsign, type, aircraft class and pilot function, plus a short note on what I did/who flew with me. And when the time comes to prove I meet some specific experience requirement, I just tally up the relevant flights right there and then. I'm not going to keep a running total of every potential experience point just in case.