PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dirty dive engine fire drill
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 07:44
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Duchess_Driver
As Ghengis says, the prime reason for dropping gear and flaps is so that they're down and usable just in case the electrics/hydraulics get fried. Can't say I've ever been recommended to clean up once the fire is out but pitch once more for best glide for the configuration you're left with and sort it out from there.

On the FI course I do focus on all of the emergency drills, I hope evenly. Not something I've got too much time to cover on the CRI course though.
Odds are however that anybody you're doing a CRI course with has already survived their own share of emergencies, and possibly done a CPL course also. The CRI does ration what you can deliver - I was teaching tailwheel at the weekend, which isn't in the CRI syllabus either (nor in the standard FI course I believe?) Hopefully it does deliver the right pedagogical skillset to take a pilots existing knowledge and deliver that as a teaching package - I'm sure that's what you're trying to achieve?

My CPL instructor used to keep telling me that I had a fire in the right hand engine. Still working out where that was in an Arrow?

G