PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ flights cancelled due to one pilot calling in sick?
Old 30th Aug 2011, 22:53
limitedrisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is correct ONLY if you want to night-fly (which is pretty obvious). One can fly ATPL stuff without being night current. So what was Oxidant's point?
Well that is correct that you only need to be night current if intending to operate at night.

However as Oxidant mentioned, this may limit you a little. One example would be a duty expected to finish before end of daylight, however a delay means there is potential to not be on the ground in time.

This reminds me of a private pilot scenario who is not night rated, gets delayed and struggles to be on the ground prior to end of daylight.

What a joke.....so the guy is responsible for 180 pax. He operates out of Auckland in LVO. Across to Goldcoast just gets visual off a non precision approach. Now it's across to Queenstown, RNP, snow showers, turbulence, 30m runway, crosswind etc.. Now the easy bit, back to Auckland for an ILS. Oh wait a minute....it's bloody dark. No one told ne this was part of the deal. What the hell am I going to do. This is so bloody demanding, I don't think I am capable. I mean I could autoland? I'm qualified. Nah, the plane might not handle it. Better stay on the ground and try again tomorrow when it's daylight.

Welcome to GA disguised as RPT jet ops. Nice one CASA.