PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Choosing a school? UND?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2011, 19:33
Ethman91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choosing a school? UND?

So here's my dillema. I don't live too far from UND which supposedly has thee best flight program in the U.S. I really want to go there, but the problem is, I botched a year of college. My GPA went down 2.17, and I'm really embarrased to say that, but that's what I get for taking a drawing and art class. UND requires a 2.50 to start flying commercial and instrument. I have my ppl already. Should I bother taking an extra semester to get my GPA back up. I figured I would have to take 5 classes and get straight As to get my gpa just to 2.50. On the other hand I could start flying at Mankato U. with my current GPA and they have the full gammet. (CPL, Inst., Multi, ect.).

My long term goal is to eventually get into the airlines. And don't tell me to not strive to fly for the majors because your not going to change my mind! A lot of people keep telling to do something else, but I would hate myself for the rest of my life if I didn't atleast try.

Basically what am asking, would it be enough of an advantage on my resume for flying for the majors to get my GPA to 2.5 and go to UND or should I just settle for Mankato. Note that I have to take out student loans for all of what I'm about to do, but I don't have any debt yet.