PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India - Yet Another Mishap averted at Kochi airport
Old 30th Aug 2011, 15:43
flyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TIMES NOW is full of C&$#HS and self proclaimed experts in every god damn field. They just sensationalize stuff with their brilliant aviation knowledge and computer graphics and other BS. Yes AIX had a tail strike which is a major incident. I am not questioning that. But the fact that every time AI is involved Arnab.G and his team seems to get a hard on.

They had a tail strike and the DGCA was informed. What else are they expected to do?? Run to every news channel and say please run our tail strike story and entertain your viewers?

Tail-strikes ground SpiceJet aircraft - Hindustan Times

This above article involves a similar incident on a 737-900ER of SG. The same aircraft has had tail strikes 4 times in the last 3 yrs of which 3 happened this year itself. Why didn't Times now or any other news channel run a Breaking News story on this incident?

I am not defending AIs safety record nor am I claiming that they are better than the Pvt carriers. They are given step motherly treatment just because their PR team (if they even have one) doesn't entertain Arnab and his team. The inconsistency in reporting news/incidents by the news channels is what bothers me. Its not just a question of AI as there are a lot more stories that do not get the required attention and other BS which is not even worth reporting in the news still makes it with breaking news written all over it.

The news channel control everything these days. And unfortunately we can do nothing about it but to just believe it. If there was a Board, Committee etc to control or looks into what is being reported on the news then they cry that they are not being allowed to report the truth etc. and when you give them freedom they choose who and what they want to report on. Sad state of affairs.

This is so damn true.

Who ever the crew, dispatch staff etc. were I hope AI and DGCA takes proper action against them. From the news reports it looks like they got the weights wrong. I wonder if the dispatch itself gave them wrong figures or the crew used the wrong weights.