PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The EK Screwtape Letters
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2011, 13:11
trimotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of minor points:

1. Despite the highly vocal assertions above to the contrary, we have been told our fuel uplift performance is monitored -many times. Even to the point where it was suggested, when we had a separate line check department, that the anual line check debrief would include being given a view of weher our own fuel uplift performance fitted with the rest of the captains.

2. Also, depste what was written above about how Dispatch just put XX tons extra on, I have noted that this is not so: routinely, the fuel is NOT an even number of tons and related, for DXB midnight arrivals, a calculated amount; often 20 mins at 10k'.

I load what I want, and how much I think I need, and a note on the OFP/VR regarding me decision has so far avoijded any response.

On a coiuple of instances I have called dispatch to discuss why extra (i.e. 6T) weas loaded for a particular destination , when the weather was fine..only to be told I could take it off if I wanted. After my thought I left the fuel on - if a dicvert resulted and I had offloaded the fuel I am sure it would ba MY fault...one thing is for sure: you will get a 'please explain' if you don't have enough fuel!

TM