PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2011, 10:38
Flutter speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, have been reading on this forum for some years now, this is my first post

I am wondering about the financials of the BA scheme. I am not from the UK, would it be advisable to contact my local pilot-desk at the (now) state bank and inquire for their loans? Or does it make more sense to arrange it through BA?

My situation is that I own a house (mortgage) for some 5 years now. It depends on the actual pay-per-month I guess, but can anyone give a clue as if a bank would be willing and interested to provide me a loan for this training, provided that I am able to rent my house in the mean-time. Has anyone experience with such a situation. I can imagine that my local bank does not want to provide the loan since I am already heavily obliged with my mortgage, but BA 'knows' they will receive return-on-investment and may therefore be more willing to act as loan guarantee (?)

I am reluctant to sell my house since prices have been dropping for some time and I would take a significant loss by selling.

Thanks you all and good luck!