PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Aristocracy:
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2002, 10:32
AMEX

I would be surprised if the thread was to be closed. Its content has nothing that would justify it but may I say something about the question you asked and the answers you got.
To us it sounded pretty funny and none us seem to have heard such a story hence why we chose to reply as if it was the most ridiculous story we had been told.
No offence intended, just that we felt the best way to reply would be with a joke.
As to whether or not the story is true, it doesn't matter since you seem to have made your mind up anyway (but failed to get the confirmation on this forum).
Above all as you said, the main thing was to keep the Check Captain happy and helped to establish a relaxed atmosphere.

As a matter of fact and in spite of being French, I often use the same stategy when facing a situation that could do with less tension or formality. I then often choose irony (French wrt Strikes, French wrt work,...) at my country men's expenses and it usually goes down quite well. A bit of a laugh and "voila".