PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2011, 09:28
pinkshell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinkshell

Hey Guys, I really do think that jetstar/altara are seeking image, I don't think merit has great importance to them. I was at a recruitment day not long ago and didn't get a call back. Well I was severely disappointed but went back to the hotel out of curiosty to see who got a call back. OK heres my point, they said before we left for lunch that they would take everything into consideration in asking us back for the afternoon. So I was extremely surprised when I saw who got called back for the afternoon session. Some with their hair out, some without stockings and not dressed professional, such as casual shoes etc, some that didn't complete their maths test, some that just sat there and didn't talk too much at the table, some that didn't contribute much to the group activities, some that didn't have long or great customer service experience and some with a combination of these and the list goes on. There were a few there that got called back that I think I would have picked if I was one of the recruiters, it isn't rocket science spotting polished, professional people. But god only knows what selection criteria they used for some of the others, but they all had one thing in common. They were all attractive people. Now I don't consider myself ugly by any means but what I am saying is that their most important criteria (the one that they don't mention) is definitely that unmistakable trendy, contemporary look. There was one girl at my table that managed a hotel for gods sake, she was goodlooking,(although not that contemporary trendy look) more of a classical look and as far as I'm concerned she conducted herself so naturally professional, she came over really well in every way but you guessed it, she didn't get a call. Now jetstar are a value based airline and much of their profit comes from sales during a flight, put the 2 together and what do you get? Thats right, value based (especially asia international) = young under 35 travellers and sales during flight = you can't "sell" food but you might be tempted to buy it from a young, contemporary, trendy hostie. Don't go figure, it's plain as day.