PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Aristocracy:
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2002, 10:03
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss Flyblue:
I am sorry to see you think the story is ridiculous. After all it's only a question that relates to history and who knows it may be true.

ATC Watcher:

The secret of a successful check flight is to keep the check captain mentally occupied with matters that have nothing whatsoever to do with the flight. If you don't do this then he may start asking difficult to answer questions about the aircraft and the route. This particular check was a great success, lots of laughs and a relaxed flight deck. The subject matter was discussed at great length. Perhaps I should not elaborate further as I have a feeling the moderator is watching and that this thread is balanced on a knife edge.

Manflex 55:
You won't get an argument out of me because I agree with everything you say. The fact that you personally have not heard this story does not mean it is not true. It could be very true and the reason for this is simply that the aristocracy itself did not want it known. It's as simply as that. The upper crust of French society ( which would be today's aristocracy if it had survived) seems to me to be more level headed than " other upper crusts". Doesn't this indicate to you that the story is true? May I compliment you on your writing as you seem to have a good grasp of the English language. Perhaps that's because you live in England.

Prince of Dzun

Last edited by Prince of Dzun; 22nd Oct 2002 at 10:17.