PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building / USA, Nam, SA or elsewhere..
Old 29th Aug 2011, 19:49
Carbo 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks a mill for all the posts. It is very useful.

I note that there was an earlier "US-hour building" thread which also provides a lot of information (sorry for the duplication!).

Socal, I especially like what you say about California being a great place to build hours - especially considering that I'll be travelling to the US during the winter/spring months (Feb - May 2012)

Thanks for confirming that I will not need TSA clearance if I enter and fly on a B2 visa - was meaning to get an answer to that exact question.

Presently, I'm thinking of visiting the east of the states during my visit and to briefly stop over at Huntsville, Alabama, just to have a look around and then to travel to the South Western states to have a look at the various shcools and/or clubs. San Diego, Sacramento, LA and Phoenix all seem to be good options.

I came across Long Beach Flying Club, which advertise very good rates for aircraft hire. Otherwise, I will definitely re-visit the forum if I have narrowed down my choices and hopefully to share what I have learned.

Thanks again for the replies.

Cheers

Last edited by Carbo 9; 30th Aug 2011 at 05:40. Reason: Correction