PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You think it is right for the airlines to have an upper cut-off age of 35 Yrs?
Old 29th Aug 2011, 19:45
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is all based on the time & need

These are corporate decisions made by executives who decided what they will make as the minimums as to age, experience etc etc......

All of these decisions are based on what year it is & what is the need of the airlines plus the supply & demand equation......

I have personally seen three upcycles where people were hired with a plain CPL & not even a multi & I am now seeing people with type ratings sitting jobless.....

Another fact is that Airlines in India TODAY are heavily relying on Expat Pilots, the availabillity of the Expats will also reduce in large numbers in the coming times:
1) A lot of them are on Furlow from AA United & Delta etc etc & getting recalled in their own home airlines. So, when the pilots have a good Job in their home country, they are less likely to go fly in a foreign land.
2) Airlines like Emirates, Qatar & Singapore are poaching heavily on experienced captains & offering more money than the Indian companies.

So, when the NEED CHANGES, REQUIREMENTS will change as well.......

Pls take my opinion with a grain of salt, for FWIW ( for whatever it's worth)