PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future career as an Airline Pilot; A-Levels or Scottish Highers
Old 29th Aug 2011, 19:07
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez ! ! as a Jock myself, it pains me to say it, but. . . . don't know which airline you are thinking of in 5/ 10 years or whenever, but I can't think of a significant one domiciled on the good side of Hadrians Wall, so. . . .
In all seriousness though, get what education is easiest/cheapest then set about somehow earning the mullah to pay for it.

No sponsorships (well, actually I think Flybe & a few others still have a scheme , so best ask them what they would prefer , if you have some intentions there ) but, unfortunately, the main requirement now is the wherewithall to pay for a FATPL /MCC or as an alternative whatever this new fangled two-crew/I can't fly but never mind , licence is called + of course a TR.
Anyway, excuse the slightly bitter remorseful moan about the degradation of my profession, I still, 34 years later , don't regret my choice, & I nonetheless laud your enthsiasm to tackle the long road to prosperity/poverty ahead (50/50) that you have chosen. Just don't expect to get rich/laid (it isn't like that anymore )