PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2011, 16:39
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
Dozy:
Did you get this impression from reviewing the traces?
Yes. The CDB (Captain's) sidestick trace is deflected in the pitch axis no more than halfway nose down (which would be appropriate to regaining level flight or stall recovery) during the "confusing" period I refer to. The F/O's trace tells a very different story, averaging halfway back or more with a single sustained application of full back stick. The same is apparent in the lateral SS traces, stop-to-stop in the case of the F/O stick.

Originally Posted by rudderrudderrat
Hi DozzyWannabe & IanW,

I agree with both your posts and believe it points to another couple of holes in the cheese lining up.
Thanks! Nice to agree on something...

The auditory overload of ALT Alert, ECAM Dings, "Read ECAM" etc. possibly led to the mental exclusion of "Stall Stall". They simply didn't hear it.
I wouldn't be surprised if the PNF did, given his apparent mounting alarm until he calls "Controls on the left". The PF appears to be a definite candidate for tunnel-vision, however.

PNF has absolutely no idea what input PF is making (due Side Stick design) or what he is aiming for. PNF probably did not realise how much over controlling input was being made by PF.
Again, a lot of people who don't like the sidestick design are making that assumption, but if that is the case then why do we have the references to going up when they should be going down and to touch the lateral controls as gently as possible by the PNF?