PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2011, 16:12
Lonewolf_50

Received 408 Likes on 254 Posts
HN39
Please accept my apologies for misreading your post. I think we also agree that five degrees nose-up is not the optimum response to UAS at FL350.
A simple misunderstanding. Without your charts I'd not have had anything to work with.
P.S. Rereading your post caused me to wonder what condition would result from pitching up to 5 degrees. I think that in still air the airplane would climb until it is in 1 g level flight with pitch attitude and AoA equal to 5 degrees. Assuming constant total energy, that would be at FL375, 222 kCAS, M=0.7. The stall warning threshold in that condition is 5.7 degrees.
As I understand what you just told me, aerodynamic performance changes (due to the air getting thinner as we go higher) would result in the aircraft transitioning from a climb to a stable, straight and level flight at FL 375 with no other control input (human or computer) than the initial nose up pitch change. (Do you assume constant total energy with or without the engine thrust change from 350 to 375 considered?)

Thanks.