PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2011, 10:33
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
5 Forward 6 Back, assuming that the moaners don't object, I'll post whatever I find out from ba in 6 weeks time.

Actually, I'll post it anyway. As far as I'm concerned, if it helps you then it'll get posted on this site.

Pulling the B&Y at 34 will always incur some risk. When we first mooted the current military exemptions, we reckoned that 10 years should easily gain 2000hrs flying, with perhaps 2 front line tours and a QFI tour. 1500 hrs PIC (500 as PICU/S) was also easily attainable by 34, unless you were a thruster seeking high position - in which case you wouldn't have been interested anyway. So a new career at 34 looked pretty good - or hang on for the 38/16 year IPP as it was then, providing both a recruiting and retention incentive.

However, despite Bliar's wars, many may now struggle to reach the LASORS D3.3 point by 34; also the CAA has said that not all current LASORS D3.3 accreditation will continue. Hence the 'jump while you can' attitude we now see; equally others will have grown sick of groundhog days in the sand and will wish to leave for other reasons. I was amazed to learn recently that many ME pilots now have no experience in oceanic airspace - unbelievable! Even worse, many will only ever have landed at Brize, Akrotiri or in the north-west frontier theatre of operations. How will that retain peoples' enthusiasm?