PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Australia Certificate II in Flight Operations (Cabin Crew)
Old 29th Aug 2011, 08:42
DitchSwitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously…Don’t waste your money on AA. Get a job at Maccas or Subway for a year and earn a wage and get experience instead of pissing away thousands of dollars for a piece of paper. Most commercial airlines require some hands on customer service experience before even looking at an application.

There seems to be an understanding amongst students at AA that “all” students will land a flying a job once they have graduated…this is often not the case.

The standard of student that comes out of AA is questionable. Most are very young with no customer service experience and lack life experience and have a very poor demeanour.

The typical female AA graduate will rock up to an interview wearing a scarf, have a ridiculous amount of make up on (clearly this is what they are told to do at the school), and due to no actual ‘real’ customer service experience is completely unable to answer the most basic questions.

Like all potential cabin crew wannabes there are some that have ‘it’ and clearly some that just don’t cut it. I am not bagging out all former AA students, as some do make the cut and have developed successful flying careers, but I would say 95% of them stick out like sore thumbs.

Issues like cart handling skills, and the fear of dry ice and the inability to think outside the square come to mind as well.

Also, Strategic once upon a time did recruit from AA during their initial Portuguese Airbus operation, however I am pretty sure they haven’t hired from AA in a couple of years now.