PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air Interview Help
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2011, 04:20
atpcliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been at Atlas for about a year.

Atlas is good-very good relatively. The new contract will be out in less than 3 weeks, according to the arbiter himself. It has a daily trip rig so we will be guaranteed a daily rate for each day we are away from home. 13 days on the daily rate will put us at guarantee, and we owe the company 17 days, so you will be over guarantee if you are gone more than 13 days. If you are on "R1-Home Reserve", you do NOT get the daily rig.

Everyone now has gateway.

There are 3 passenger planes operating, and sounds like plans for at least 8 pax planes, and rumours of over 20. We are adding more -400 freighters, more LCFs, and the 747-8s: 12 on order, 14 options. The first 767s will be PAX aircraft.

Mgmt pilot relationships are good, relative to other US airlines. Pay is 2nd highest in the US for 747s (after UPS). Base pay IS somewhat low relative to worldwide pay.

Jan-May I average 17 days at home. I usually get home 1 or 2 days early off my trips. Sometimes I airline late on my last day off, sometimes on my first day on. They airline you from your gateway to where you start your trip, then from where you end to your gateway. Most people's gateway is their home airport, or one relatively nearby.

Jun I had about 20,000 miles credit on UAL. I made the first level of Frequent Flyer status on UAL in Jul, and will make the 1st status on DAL soon. I may may make 2nd tier status on UAL...won't make it on AA. Usually you don't get credit on your hotel frequent stay plan...but sometimes you do, and you get it if you spend money in the hotel.

Your schedule WILL change multiple times, often multiple times in a day. You know (usually) when your days on are, and when your days off are. I was extended 3 days into my days off in July. I was extended I think 1 day prior to July (flying since Dec). They CAN extend your 17 days on by 4 days, and they have to pay a lot. Theoretically, you could get assigned two back-to-back schedules of 17 days in a row and be out 34 days in a row. I did a 32 day trip by choice to get the last two weeks of a month off for vacation with my family (without using any vacation days). Trips range from 1 day-30+ days. "Normal" is 6-15 days. I have done a 1 day trip, but they are not common unless you are based and live in MIA. I am based in NYC, but hardly ever go there. My last trip started in ANC and ended in ORD. Next trip starts CVG and ends in JFK. Next trip after than starts ORD ends JFK. I had a trip end in MEL, and they airlined me on UAL MEL-SYD-LAX-ORD-GRB...business class the 1st two legs (normally domestic flying is coach).

Atlas is charter, and when the customer asks to change/add a trip, they try their best, which is one reason why the schedule changes a lot! We fly everywhere except Antarctica, but don't do much US-US flying (but my last trip was SEA-CHS-SEA).

cliff
KGRB
PS-If u want more info, PM me.

Last edited by atpcliff; 2nd Sep 2011 at 19:28.