PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Fix the Qantas International Business
Old 29th Aug 2011, 02:48
ChrisJ800

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I travel a lot overseas but often not on Qantas due:
1) Inflight service is of a lesser standard compared to the competition flying out of Australia, at least in economy.
2) My travel agent (an australian company) seems to not like booking Qantas. I suspect they dont get as big a commission or kick back compared to competitor airlines. As I often fly multi sector routes I often cant book through qantas web site. The web site could be improved to cater for more complex bookings.
3) Poor travel experiences in last 2 years For example, long flight delays with unserviceable aircraft out of Melbourne yet wouldnt put on a replacement aircraft. Baggage lost twice, one time took 6 weeks for Qantas baggage to get it to home to me . Inflight entertainment broken on several long flights. I havent had these problems when flying the competition in the same 2 year period.

I have several friends flying for Qantas and like the quality, training and professionalism of the pilots. But Qantas needs to lift its game to become competitive as we do have a choice when going overseas.