PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2011, 18:44
gomets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLYCOLD,

The way I've always read it, and it's just here in the US....If you have three stripes on your shoulders (or are not called Captain in the FBO's) you're only able to log those hours as SIC. I've never logged 1 hour of time in the regionals other than SIC time. Even though I flew every other leg. Some guys will try to log PIC time if the Captain gets up to use the lav.. That won't work either. You have to be signing off for the flight to be considered PIC (here in the US.)

In the charter world it's a bit different. Some guys will log PIC time if they are flying and it is an empty leg (not pt. 135). But they better make sure they have a PIC type rating for that a/c.....

If I was hired by ANA, and even with the 767 command type. I'd never consider logging any time other the SIC...

I'd say call a recruiter to find out what is considered acceptable. It wouldn't look to good if you got an interview and had to explain why you have x amount of time logged but were considered an SIC by your company.