PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is aviation in Africa really unsafe?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2011, 17:55
DRPAM007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxrated"

In this regard, there are over 800 airfileds throughout Sudan , less than 100 of them have windsocks. There is a container load of brand new donor sponsored windsocks ( about a thousand) languishing in a UN/Red Cross shipping container in Port Sudan where it has been impounded for the past 15 years. No amount of political wrangling has been able to get this container released.
You're obviously quite knowledgeable and intelligent. However, I was expecting something more poignant from you than installing 800 windsocks 15 year old in Sudan?
( the centre of commercial aviation in Africa). Is that to make it safer for the drug and arms dealers that spread conflict in the region?

How about transfer of technical skills rather than windsocks? I try never to look a gift horse in the mouth, unless of course it is a Greek gift.

A subtle difference between the "aid" we need and the "bait" we get. African does not need money thrown at it once in a while. The money which ends up in the banks of the donor nations. If we need anything from the international community, it is honest, fair and open partnerships!

I guess those windsocks were donated as aid and all the container had in it were "wind socks".

Last edited by DRPAM007; 28th Aug 2011 at 18:27.