PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2011, 15:58
Tinribs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civi Job Market

May a long gone Airframe Driver who spent the last 27 years steering with ordinary people down the back add something to your thread. I perhaps ought not to appear as my commisions both reg and reserve are long expired but what I add may be of value to some of you

Five years ago the maximum age in UK for flying was 60, though some airlines retired earlier. The result was much the same, the retirees found work in other airlines for the next five years

Then UK went up to 65 but the French did not. it became problematic to fly over France in case of diversion. Most of my generation found work lower down the scale for a while and when the French were obliged to change to 65 there was more movement

The result of all this is that five years ago there commenced a much reduced incidence of experienced skippers leaving the industry, the effect lasted while we soldiered on masking the supply problem. We are now reaching 65 and on our way again with no probability of a further stay of execution

For the next two or three years there will be an added influence of increased retirements in airlines. It will not last