PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Katherine Aviation. A sinking ship?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2011, 09:39
beat ups are fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does the rest of it say or is it just one page?
It's about 20 pages of utter My jaw dropped about 50 times while reading it. Only an idiot would sign up to it. I'm not going to put the whole thing up on here but I'll give you the important points.

*Rate of pay $19/hr
*6 months probation (can be terminated for any reason)
*Bonded for 6 months on your initial C210 training
*Bonding on endorsments/ratings:- Leave within 3 months 100%, 3-6 months *75%, 6-9 months 50%, 9-12 months 25%
*Pay is averaged at 20 hours/week.
*Waiting time at another company base in unpaid. (when not flying the aircraft you are classed as "free of employment" 15 mins after engine shutdown)
*Annual leave must not be taken during the "busy period"
*Annual leave MUST be taken during Easter and Christmas
*Pilots rostered on standby must be available 6am -6pm (standby is unpaid)
*Pilots may not have a second job

The list goes on.

Bottom line is $19,760 base pay, this is worst case, but still I know I wouldn't have been able to live on that kind of money in a remote community.

YPJT, you are 100% correct. This operator is well known for not paying the award. They have been doing it for years and ripping off young/inexperienced pilots who don't know better. I for one have looked into claiming back pay from KA, only to find that I didn't have enough paperwork to allow FWA to build a case.

I can now understand why people are leaving left, right and center, and hats off to them.