PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caribbean Airlines
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2011, 20:06
stealth114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite alot of negativity here and I respect the views of all.. It is indeed a fact that flying isnt the glamor career but for every one who hates it or is let down, there is always one who loves it and will make it, just like most other career paths. To tell someone to go in another career and forget flying, there is just too much of that on these forums, which we can all do without. Indeed, alot of the folks who fly do get their own children and they are the ones with the connections and it is indeed about " Who you know" and the folks with the money who get their high flying kids through and in the right seat but thats not to say you can get there with hard work. My folks arent wealthy nor are in the top brass connections but I am determined to make it ..

Zig, very well said.. CAL Hr is indeed a secret box ad they advertise both internally and externally at the spurt of the moment. I do feel the hiring wave is coming soon , as you said, with these ATR's and 767's on the way. I see a lot of fresh commercial pilots from the neighboring islands in a haste to get their conversions done locally !